...but i've had a revelation. I went to a concert last night at Salt Air. The band was Muse. I don't like the structure of those last two sentences but if I say I went to the Muse concert last night it sounds like I don't know the name of the band and perhaps I am saying 'The Muse' which I have been told on multiple occasions is not the name of the band. It is just Muse. I have said enough on that... well almost. Just to sum up never, NEVER use the article THE in front of the band name Muse. Oh and please make a note that correcting people's grammar while they are talking is the only polite way of notifying everyone that they are wrong.
I don't mean to have issues like this, it's just sometimes I feel like everyone is crazy and it drives me insane.
On to more important things, the concert was amazing. The Muse... "IT'S NOT THE MUSE, JUST MUSE".... is not only the best band of 2005 but 2006 too. See how annoying that is. These guy are on the right wave length. The music just electrifies my life. It's like they conspired to ignite all the souls in the building that would die just feel alive.
I may just be an obsessed fan but any band that draws inspiration from Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 2 and Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 and yet have the guitar playing influences of Jimi Hendrix and Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine has got to be really talented or really insane. While I like to think they are really talented perhaps the insanity is why I like it.
"Don’t be afraid of what your mind conceives stand up for what you believe and tonight we can truly say together we’re invincible."
-Matthew Bellamy
3 comments:
Thanks for explaining who Tom Morello is for us "Classic Rock" nerds...
BTW (I'm hoping you chose to get an email when someone posts a comment), you just missed a whole month that you could've posted at least once. Of all the months to post, there's gotta be something to talk about in October!
hey did you know that it has been over year since you posted to your blog...sad...so sad
Post a Comment